Information Technology - Professional Preparation
Information Technology majors work with standard technology that is widely used across many industries and disciplines. Students learn to
- Build and maintain information systems.
- Design information systems to better support business processes and strategies.
- Develop problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Apply the full range of core IT concepts and techniques to fill the IT needs of an organization and be prepared to assume managerial and other advanced responsibilities.
- Master skills for effective written and oral communication with technical and nontechnical people in the IT field and the chosen area of interest, as well as skills and strategies for facilitating group projects and activities.